Posted on: 2017-08-28
Sector: Engineering, Construction & Design
Job reference: 2578761
- Must have critical systems experience
- Leadership role within international company
- Hong Kong based role
A leading, regional Financial Services firm is seeking to appoint a Vice President Engineering to manage their Corporate Real Estate (CRE) footprint across Hong Kong.
- Provide senior level effective engineering program and project management in support of the Asia Pacific Head of Engineering Head delivering the major office, data centre, critical facilities and business recovery facilities Engineering Program. That program focuses on the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the clients critical electrical and mechanical systems supporting Data Centres, Trading areas, Business Recovery Facilities and other business critical systems and provides technical support to less critical MEP systems.
- Working closely with 3rd party project managing and property managing agents and project consultants, ensure that all projects are proactively managed and delivered.
- Ensure strong connectivity to the clients corporate business partners, service providers, and corporate real estate regional functional teams to ensure alignment to corporate real estate’s and the clients objectives and ensure best in class service delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance on MEP Engineering to the corporate real estate team and other corporate departments and businesses.
- Improve the execution of Critical Systems and MEP fit out projects.
- With appropriate support from the Property Management technical and local teams, lead engineering projects, including:
- Participate in the preparation of initial project budgets;
- Design the Consultant team appropriate for the project;
- Selection, engagement and management of Consultants and Contractors;
- Prepare Design Briefs;
- Manage, and at times conduct, Due Diligence;
- Participate in the preparation of MEP Lease and Service Agreement Terms and Conditions;
- Review, comment and manage incorporation of best practice and compliance with the clients standards into the Design, Tender, Construction, T&C, IST, Handover, Maintenance and Project Closure documents and the project delivery;
- Drive delivery on time, in budget and to required technical quality.
- Similarly, interface with the corporate real estate Project Management function to lead MEP elements of fit outs led by that team.
- Monitor, control and direct the BAU Critical Systems projects carried out by the local Property Management team around the region.
- Liaise with the clients Sourcing and Procurement team to establish regional MSAs for the supply of Critical Systems equipment and Consultant services.
- Interface with the local Property Management Teams. Incorporate their feedback into improved design standards and future project implementations.
- Assist the Regional Engineering Manager with the delivery and management of all engineering matters.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience with Critical Systems including data centers and preferably trading floors.
- Experience within an MNC, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Familiar with regional engineering practice and engineering related laws and regulations preferred.
- Experience in project and vendor management.
- Proven ability to execute projects and new initiatives.
- Sensitive to, and capable of managing, all aspects of engineering risk.
- Experience delivering objectives via a remote team and sensitive to cultural differences around the region.
- Team player with high ethical standards and able to manage change and diversity.
- Good all round communication skills in receiving, delivering, and broadcasting information to effectively communicate with both local and international clients and co-workers – proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Computer literate, proficient in Excel and very familiar with word and power point.
- Experience in energy management would be an advantage.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please address the above criteria and send your CV in English to Ben Watt in our Hong Kong office by using the “Apply Now” button below.
To view similar opportunities or express interest in related positions, please visit our website www.capstoneasia.com